21 February 2007

Hyped: Music Video Drawing





Here's a series of images showing my progress with some animated clips (very limited animation with Photoshop layers) for my friend Woody's music video. He's launched a new label Chaos Theory Music and it's been well-received so far with some attention from news and radio outlets. The song is called "Hyped" which explains all the "Hype" signs everywhere. Pardon my limited color application. The drawing was conceived and executed on a very short schedule. I hope the video editor can work some magic with it.

The song's about the good and bad of hype, so I thought I'd say my two cents about how hype with all it's flash can make the rest of the world seem a dull grey. The left side of the drawing definitely resorts to some cliche shorthand for West Coast with the palms and lights into the sky, but some of you Midwesterners might recognize the Sears Tower as you pan right and hidden under the large "HYPE" sign on the right is an approximation of the Empire State Building. Had I more time, I would have fleshed out the morning sky panel with full colors to let people know when the lights turn off and the sun comes up all the full colors start to come out. Alas, time has not allowed me to complete the thought. I hope you enjoy the drawings anyway.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Djordje Zutkovic said...

Awsome!! I really like angles on all the signs, buildings, just about everything!

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 6:29:00 PM  
Blogger Nubia said...

You're amazing. Thanks for sharing your work. Keep them coming.

Sunday, February 25, 2007 3:48:00 PM  
Blogger Andy Park said...

I like the stylized feel of the town. You always have your hands in a variety of cool projects. Nice job! And it was nice running into you too on Sunday!

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 12:01:00 AM  
Blogger Alina Chau said...

AWESOME!

Tuesday, May 01, 2007 10:34:00 PM  
Blogger Andre Moore said...

wow great blog man. I really love the BG's. Thats the main thing I suck at the most at in drawing. I just love it when i see other people killin it like you do.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 1:49:00 PM  
Blogger 7th tejuino/ said...

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

Monday, December 08, 2008 11:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home