24 May 2006

NewSong: Noah's Place




This was done in one of those drawing moments where things just flow (a phrase coined by an instructor at my school while I was there). It must have taken just over 2 hours from start to finish, but it seemed about 15 mintues, one of those "spots of time" Norman Maclean (another distinguished instructor from my school) mentions in one of my favorite books, "A River Runs Through It".

I'll leave you to explore (and hopefully enjoy) the multiple narratives I wove into the drawing, but my two favorites are, first, the homage to Pablo, the penguin that hated the cold, from one of my favorite childhood books (crossed with my memory of Tennessee Tuxedo sans Chumley the Walrus). Next, the lobster who is annoyed that the PlayStation controllers are not claw-friendly.

The oxpecker posed rhino is actually Noah, whose place this is. Noah's Place is also where the kids go at NewSong Irvine.

1 Comments:

Blogger don don-tei said...

sweet! maybe you can fill it in with color sometime! :)

Thursday, June 08, 2006 11:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home