02 February 2006

Teen Titans: Road Runner

This wasn't the most sophisticated background, nor is it indicative of the "normal" Titans style, but I thought I'd post it for nostalgic reasons and to give props to Chu-Hui for matching the color so well. I really enjoyed emulating the style of the Warner Bros. cartoons that were my Saturday morning and weekday afternoon staples. I am an ice cream fiend, and my addiction to Rocky Road and Cookies & Creme began with my grab-a-half-gallon-tub-o-ice-cream-and-a-spoon Saturday mornings camped in front of the TV watching them. Studying what had been done on those old Road Runner cartoons, I was amazed to find that I hadn't noticed just how different some of the eras looked. Even the cacti leaned different directions during the running scenes. Ultimately, I opted for the Maurice Noble look.

For those keeping track, the sequence was called for when Beast Boy turns into a green Wile E. Coyote as he is chased by Control Freak in Episode 257-494.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Alina Chau said...

Great postings!! Love your work!! Teen Titan is one of my favourite shows!!

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 7:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home